Monday, July 2, 2012

My Year(s) on the Road - Part Four (Section B?)

So let's continue the tales from my Bermuda trip from June on 2012.  I left you all with the 18" drawbridge, but the day did not end there.  Let's keep this going.


The morning of day two, our only full day on the island, we woke up early to head out snorkeling.  We piled off the cruise ship and onto a glass bottom boat and headed four miles out into the beautiful, blue, crystal clear ocean with Capitan Paul, Seabiscut, and the quiet guy leading us.

Side view of the glass bottom boat.
So after trying to describe what we saw, I think I'm just going to put up pictures and caption them.  I'll describe it all briefly, but images are better than words.

The first site was a shipwreck, this is how clear it was from 30 feet above.

Underwater camera's are awesome, even if they eat batteries.


This was at the second site, where the water was calmer and a lot shallower.

Crazy coral.
So that sum's up snorkeling pretty well, it was legendary.  Really cool stuff underwater.  MOVING ON!

After we got back on the boat, showered, and ate some lunch we headed towards the docks for the 3:00 ferry boat to St. Georges, the old capital of Bermuda.  Or I guess the historic capital.  If I hadn't used the proper word there it would have bothered me for a while.


So the ferry ride was about forty minutes around the island and we arrived with about three hours to explore the island.  I'm gonna just post a bunch of pictures and jump in and out with commentary.


Oldest English Anglecian Church in the Western Hemisphere (I think,
I could be wrong, but a church is a church)

The former rectory.

After a few hours of exploring, we needed some down time so we squatted
at a little bar and grille right on the water with this view.

Add caption

Beautiful park.

View of the docks near the ferry stop.
St. Georges was awesome.  Beautiful, quiet, colorful, everything you could really want in a tropical town, if you're me.  It even had an epic waterfront bar/grille.

So as our time on the island drew to a close, Kelly and I went to a little brewery/pub near the docks called the "Frog and Onion" for a nice little dinner date where we drank many beers and ate fish-n-chips and giant burgers covered in blue cheese and onion straws before heading back to a big old party they were having that night in the docks...that we were too late for.  But I bought a painting.  Cuz I'm classy.

Finally, it was our final morning in Bermuda.  Kelly and I had grand ideas of waking up early and going exploring for a bit more, but instead we woke up late and headed to the fort right near the dock before having to board the ship for home.

Pictures are below, and that will conclude the Bermuda trip.  It was flawless, epic, and I'd go back in a heartbeat.

These are the beers from the pub,  In case you were wondering.

The first picture of the fort.  The shutters are closed on the windows because on
the anniversary of the fort they fired the cannons and blew out all of the
windows, the hand made, new windows.




  


No comments:

Post a Comment