Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Good Ole Hockey Game

It's hockey season, and maybe for once people outside the diehard Washington Capital's fans are taking notice, tuning in, and rooting for the Weagle (If you didn't know, that's what we call the logo here in the DMV).  Even people that have been watching hockey their whole lives, like myself, feel a rejuvenated feel in this season, and it's really tough not too be giddy about each game.

That's not what I'm here to talk about, but I'm gonna talk about it anyways.  This Caps team feels like they're built for something big, something special, something maybe...worthy of a parade.

Thousands and thousands of people groan for shots off the post, hold their breath when the puck comes flying towards the Cap's net, and explode with cheers when the Cap's turn on the lights.  They celebrate with strangers in bars, feel euphoria for days after a big win (Or maybe that's just me), and most important have faith in a team that is a winner.  Something this city has been craving since the early nineties.  As someone who was raised a DC diehard, it feels great to finally have a team that I don't feel will let me down (I'm looking at you, Skins).

So what am I saying?  To be honest I don't know.  I could just say this, when Saturday morning comes and you're getting dressed, Rock The Red.  At every red light, roll down your window, honk your horn three times and yell "LET'S GO CAPS!", at 8 'o' clock, start chanting "O-V" for a few minutes, punching Penguins/Bruins/Flyers/Rangers/Canucks/Canadiens fans in the face, blow your speakers out with the "Unleash The Fury" video on YouTube, and if you're building something, make it "America's Hockey Capital" (That one was lame, but it's the team slogan...).

Time to play seven.

Go Caps.  

Sorry if this is a crazy random post.


No comments:

Post a Comment