Monday, January 7, 2013

The Story of the Jumping Blanket.

OK, so I'm going to keep this one short and sweet, because, well, that's exactly what it was.  I saw it, I laughed, and I kept walking.

Some of you may remember my story about "Tony Romo" the DC Hobo.  The one who kicked a pigeon (Wow, according to spell check there's no "d" in pigeon, had me fooled)  after feeding it cuz, well, cuz he's just like that.  Anyways...

So this morning I'm walking back to my building past the CVS, sushi joint, and McDonalds like it's any other regular day (Except I'm not stopping anywhere cuz I'm trying to save money and be "less person").  I walk past the same hobos, same pan handlers, same taxi stands, and all that jazz, but when I turned the corner onto 4th Street I stumbled (Almost literally) across a strange jumping blanket.

Well, let me rephrase that; I stumbled upon a shape with socks on, perched on milk cartons, covered in a blue moving blanket with what I can only assume to be a leprechaun jumping up and down on his lap grunting loudly.

You know, a leprechaun "jumping" on his lap.  I'll give you a minute to realize what I'm trying to say here.  Ok, that's all you need.  If you didn't get the reference  you probably shouldn't read my anymore cuz you're way too mature for the type of low brow humor I love so dearly.

So I quickly correct my course and swing wide around the man, letting him and the leprechaun continue about their business.  I was content with going about my day and forgetting what happened and then I heard it.  The screw.  Somewhere between blood curling and "Oh my God I'm an attractive young female professional and I tripped over a masturbating hobo cuz I was walking and texting at the same time", but ya know, that's just my best interpretation.

In case you couldn't tell, that quoted part is exactly what happened.  And I found it pretty hilarious, and once  I got a acceptable distance away, I lost it.  I laughed so hard I wanted to share it with you all, so I hope you enjoyed it.  I'd assume the leprechaun did.

Was that last bit too far?

No comments:

Post a Comment