Sunday, April 8, 2012

Word Vomit, or as some people say "Random Thoughts"

So I haven't done a post like this in forever, cuz the Man Crush bracket took up all of my time so it feels good to be back in the regular-post saddle.  I also want to take a second to thank everyone who voted and contributed to the Man Crush Bracket, it sounds like a lot of people enjoyed it and I'll do another bracket either later this year or next year.  Now back to the voodoo that I do (not)so well.

Everyone who has been into a Chinese "joint" or restaurant (I never spell that word right on the first time, thanks spell check)  has probably the sign in the picture below (Take time to scroll down a bit to see it).  They seem to be in like, 90% of the places I've been, and I'm almost nervous when I go somewhere and I don't see one, I worry I'm not classy enough to order anything that's not no a backlit and faded sign.

Every Chinese Restaurant


Now, the sign in the picture is in Top China across the street from my house, it's a brand new place, and the sign looks like it's thirty years old.  I've never seen one of these signs and thought "Damn, what a clean, crisp, new looking sign."  And I also don't remember seeing any changes in the signs.  It always seems dumpings, General Tso, Orange Chicken, and stuff are just up there all the time.  The signs must be family heirlooms, passed generation to generation.

Random thought number two, cuz one is never enough.  And cuz I'm all hopped up on strawberry rhubarb pie from Easter, also known as the best pie ever.  Sorry, other pies.  I was driving the other day, rocking out to my music (Rod Stewart, DUH...not really) and I look out the passenger window and the Cracka in the Volvo station wagon (Matt James) next to me and he's staring back at me, while he sings whatever was on his stereo.  I feel like this happens a lot, mostly I'm the one singing (And drumming on the steering wheel, occasionally playing guitar, and certainly thinking I sound just as good as John Hiatt...or Rihanna), and what do you do?  You look back ahead and continue singing...like nothing happened.

Well that's all I got for now, I'm working on some new stuff (Maybe a interview type thing with "Cruz Missile") so stay tuned Aunt Jean.

Hostess.

No comments:

Post a Comment