Friday, April 27, 2012

That Time I Went To Wendy's on West Nursery Farm Road and Never Went Back (and Other Fast Food Stories)

The picture next to these words, the one giving you nightmares, is what I saw as soon as I walked into the Wendy's on West Nursery Farm Road in Linthicum, MD.  I was going to a movie with my girlfriend Kelly (And this weeks' co-blogger, say hi Kelly..."Hi"...real original, Kel, way to bring the enthusiasm, if you all stop reading now I don't blame you) and we decided to get some food first.

So we walk into the Wendy's next to the theater and the kid at the register, let's call him "Ryan" cuz that was his name, is working or whatever.  So we wait in line (A pretty busy line, don't you hate when you get somewhere, the line is a mile long, and you're the last one in it until you get to the front of the line?  Then one jackass walks in behind you and gets his food before you.), we are cracking smart ass comments, and of course I'm being well behaved and mature, per the usual.

This is why unemployment is so high
(literally). Thanks, Ryan.
We finally get to the front of the line and I'm staring at "Ryan" cuz he looks like, as my dad would say, "a damn fool".  He had  hair like that guy in that band "Flock of Seagulls" (You know, who doesn't wanna name a band after birds that eat garbage?), a band I know about only cuz I've seen "The Wedding Singer".

So me and Kelly get up to the front of the line and place our orders.  I ordered, and apparently messed up, and "Ryan" just smirked at me.  I corrected myself and stepped back, in shame (Also per the usual) and Kelly ordered. Disclaimer: he messed up Kelly's order, smirkless.

After Kelly had ordered, I handed "Ryan" my money and he took it and kind of (Well, not kind of) stared at Kelly blankly, then at me, then at Kelly, then rung up our food.

So we got our food and went to sit down and as Kelly opened up her baked potato, she noticed they didn't give her any sour cream or butter.  So me, being the gentleman and perfect boyfriend (Kelly says "Hi"), I get up to go get some sour cream and butter from "Ryan" (If you can't tell, I get a kick out of typing "'Ryan'").  I get up to the register and ask "Ryan" for said condiments, he looked at me, then turned back to the customer who had just told him "I'm not ready to order yet."  I stood there for a minute feeling a little bit defeated, watching the lady with two cigarettes behind her ears flip burgers, until "Drive Thru Lady" came to my rescue.

All in all, it was a trip to Wendy's (A place I really don't like) I'll remember.  Oh, and I almost forgot, Kelly pointed out a sign to me as we walked into Wendy's that read "Looking for Great Team Members"...now we know why...Way to go "Ryan".

No comments:

Post a Comment