Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer Love

I have awesome news people. After two summers, I finally found her. A summer love I want to be with for the remainder of my life until it all fades to black and i go six feet under, kick the bucket, push daisies, pay the piper, and ya know, die.

Her name is Anne DeMarini. Size fourteen, right handed, and most important, just getting to that point where she's perfectly broken in.

I really hope this freaked some people out "Sam's dating a girl named Anne? She's "broken in"? Wait till I tell you something else, she's not white. She has a fine grey and black skin that feels leathery to the touch. Oh yeah. I'm talking about my new baseball glove but if I just said "I love my new baseball glove" that wouldn't be like me, gotta spin it as a giant joke like I do with much of my life. It's why girls shoot me dirty looks and punch me when I talk.

Actually, you should have known when her last name was "DeMarini" I was lying. I'd never fall for an Italian...

So yeah, I named the glove Anne, the brand is DeMarini, the model line is Diablo (I originally put "Diablo DeMarini" but that didn't' sound like a girl's name at all), and I love it. I haven't bought a new one in years and I had never owned a softball/outfielders glove (bigger pocket) so I rolled into Sports Authority and put down the cash for a new one. And I love it. It re-awakened my love for baseball.

I've been playing catch a lot with my friends and brother and a weekly (well, kind of) game with Jose and his amigos down in Riverdale Park. It's got me going back to the batting cages (The only place I bat is at Rocky Gorge Four Seasons Batting Cages, Driving Range, and Mini Golf. Family owned and operated since 1968." I have an endorsement deal.)

I was sitting on Facebook and a friend messages me with a question, I obviously know everything so I happily agreed to make her day and answer said question. She was fielding a softball team and wanted to know if I was interested.

Hell. Yes. I've been digging around for a team to play on for months now. I didn't want to drive to NoVa and I couldn't find any closer, but luckily my friends always come through for me in the clutch as they always do.

So yeah, I'm pumped. I have a friend that's going to come play with me out there and we start training soon. Or if you're me, you're a BAMF and you start busting your ass as soon as you're done typing this blog post. Hitting, fielding, catching, throwing, and over all just being a freaking beast. We need a secret handshake like they have in the majors. And I wanna do a lot of "Forearm bumps" because I love them. Me and Jose Canseco used to do them all the time, when he returned my calls. Ass.

So yeah, I guess after our first game (Tuesday) I'll do a little update on training camp, meeting the team, batting practice, and of course game one. I hope there's an awesome legendary team name.

I'm extremely excited. If you couldn't tell by this post that was basically a very long Tweet, I mean, I coulda just said "I bought a new glove and joined a softball team. #beer". I end most of my Tweets with #beer. Like "Went to Sears #beer." Makes people think about how sober I am.

1 comment:

  1. Ya lost me at "I would never fall for an Italian..."

    ReplyDelete