Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bee-Dub-Dub

Okay, so I've been scratching up this piece of paper since 6AM and I came to a conclusion.

Well, actually two conclusions, but you get them both for the astonishingly low price of just one! You my friend, have been blessed. It's like getting a box of soup, Heath Ledger poster, Zippo lighter, or a "Troy & Abed In The Morning Mug" as a gift (well, at least I know two of those four were seen as awesome..."We don't have cameras." "Yeah, who would watch this?" a few of you might get that quote session...1615).

Okay, got a little off topic, back to the two conclusions. Conclusion number one, I don't need to write everything I write in my marble notebook (I'm taking this shit back to the third grade). That writing is mostly just dumped straight from my mind, through the pen, onto the paper.

Conclusion number two, instead of trying to find some funny way to write this post, I decided to pour it right from my heart into your brains, which is really uncharted territory for me so we'll see how it goes. Probably poorly.

I love Buffalo Wild Wings. I'd take a trip to "B-Dubs" over any other restaurant. I'd take six wings from College Park's location over a week's worth of free wings from WingZone (You use too much sauce and your blue cheese is nasty).

I'd take "B-Dubs" over a lot of things actually, baptisms, weddings (I'll see you at the reception though), movies, doctors appointments, birthdays, confirmations, cruises, a Hooter's sponsored car wash, hospital stays, going to work, and going to meet some friends at Chipotle.

Fun story about the meeting friends at Chipotle. I was supposed to meet some people from the old job at Chipotle in College Park, then Dave called and said "Hey, we're going to wings, etc etc" as I was on the way to Chipotle, so I changed lanes and went to BWW. Without telling those other friends I wasn't going to Chipotle and for some odd reason, they're still upset.

That. Happened.

Now, I wanted to talk about the waiters and waitresses who I love and all, but that doesn't seem important.

What does seem important is the people I go with every week. I'm talking to you Dave, Wes, Matt, Julia, Mike, Mikey, Leah, James, Tim, Sari, Nick, Ben, Chris, Kris, Chris, Alise, Stephanie, Kelly, Hina, Goose, and all those other people I forgot or just didn't remember their names. Now, not all of those people come each week. It's usually just me, Dave, Wes, Julia, and some of her friends but occasionally the other names make an appearance but their not really regulars.

Those people are the reason I go each week. Sure the food is flawless and the sports are amazing but I love being with those people, my extended family.

Me and Dave talk about who's working, me and Wes talk about what sauce to get and study the artwork, me and Julia talk about side bangs versus front bangs ("See! Look at her, side bangs look retarded!"), me and Kelly discuss why she's not gonna hit me with that block of wood under the table, me and Julia's friends discuss two things; how awesome I am and then I make sure they're not from places I don't like (I'm looking at you Miami), me and Matt, Mike, and Tim talk about sports, and me and Mikey Dubbs talk about, well, everything. What I'm trying to say is that I love everyone who walks in and sits with us to eat and talk and hopefully they enjoy it as well.

There is one story I want to tell before I wrap this up. It happened last week when we went to BWW to "surprise" Dave for his birthday.

So Wes, Kelly and I went out to get a cake to bring with us to give to Dave. Mission accomplished (as usual). Julia, Mr. Bonanno, and Mrs. Bonanno went to get Dave and bring him there.

When they showed up, me and Wes were at a table waiting. Dave shook his head and "smiled" and then we ate and all that good stuff. When we were done, the waitress brought out the cake and someone announced it was Dave's birthday, people clapped, cheered, etc and we cut the cake.

So after a few minutes, the waitress comes back and stands between me and Dave. Dave's father then says "Hey David, you know what you could do with that cake? You could use it to lure young girls," pause to point at the waitress, "back to the apartment."

He said it as a joke, and we all laughed. Except Julia, who in my head was just extremely embarrassed and I wish Dave was too. It was just hilarious, the perfect BWW moment from a first time visitor.

So that's all I got.

I apologize if this post means nothing to you cuz you don't go with the group I go with, but hopefully it reminds you of the good times you had going out with your friends or family.

And if this one sucked, I'll have a new one hopefully tomorrow or Friday that will let you all laugh at me. A sleepwalking post is long overdue friends and neighbours.

Also, hi Lauren! There, hope you're happy haha.

2 comments:

  1. Why does Lauren get a shout out in a post about BWW, to the best of my knowledge she has never been there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, I laughed enough to make up for the lack of laughter from others.

    ReplyDelete